Pat Dooley Memorial Golf Tournament & Field Day Coming Up Oct 8
2021 Pat Dooley Memorial Golf Tournament and Field Day
Friday, October 8th, Mayfair Lakes Golf and Country Club, Richmond, BC
Along with the 1:00pm shotgun scramble and banquet, plans for the 4th Annual Pat Dooley Tourney include:
• morning turf management education session
• sponsor presentations
• lunch for morning session attendees
• outdoor turf equipment demos
The tee sheet is filling up fast! Everyone welcome! Event proceeds go toward student scholarships and turf research! CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION
INDUSTRY SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS SEE BELOW FOR SPONSORED PRESENTATION, OUTDOOR DEMO & TEE SPONSOR INFORMATION – AVAILABILITY IS LIMITED, FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED.
Due to popular demand, a $60 morning only rate has been created for turf managers who are not able to participate in the full day.
8:30 - 9:30am Registration & Welcome Coffee
9:30 - 9:40am Opening Remarks
9:40 - 10:20am Presentation: ‘Top Tree Management Tips for Turfies’, Tom Walz,
BC Plant Health Care
• Pop Quiz - What are your Top 5 Cultural Practices for the
Preservation of Trees on golf courses (Rapid Fire)
• Tom’s top 5 in a visual presentation
• Ground Penetrating Radar as a diagnostic tool for Turfgrass
• How to become an ISA Certified Arborist
10:20 - 10:45am 5 X 5 minute sponsor presentations
10:45 - 11:30am lunch
11:30 - 12:15pm sponsor outdoor demos X 3
12:15 - 12:45pm staging, warmup, prep time
12:45pm roll out to positions
1:00pm Shotgun tournament - 4 person scramble, ½ cart included
5:30 - 7:30pm Banquet and Awards
$175 pp - full day package includes morning education & demos, lunch, golf, ½ cart and banquet
$125 pp – golf package includes golf tournament, ½ cart and banquet
$55 pp – includes banquet only
$60 pp – morning education session, demos and lunch
*plus Eventbrite service charge
Opportunities for Suppliers and Service Providers
Missing in-person contact with your friends, colleagues and clients? Participate in our first live event since the 2020 conference through a sponsored presentation, outdoor demo or tee sponsorship. We’ve booked the entire golf course with a capacity of 144 players and expect a great turnout!
• 5 minute presentation during morning sessions (5 available - $350/spot) 3 left
You’ll have the floor and the audience’s full attention to make your presentation. Do a powerpoint or a little jig, it’s your time to do what you want!
• Outdoor demonstrations (3 available - $750/spot) none left
Everyone knows turf managers are hands-on types so if you really want to make an impact, show our delegates what you’re made of by doing a live product demonstration. We’ll split delegates into three groups so you will do your same demo three times for 15 minutes each. Note that the course superintendent will need to approve anything involving tearing up the turf.
• Tee sponsorship (up to 36 available - $250/spot)
Each foursome visits every teebox which is where we’ll place a sign with your company name on it (we can provide or you can, your choice). You can also turn your tee into an action centre – in the past we’ve had a Tiki bar, marshmallow long drive, hole-in-one prize and so on. Contact us with your thoughts for a fun activity that will add value to our event.
• All sponsorships are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Payment must be made prior to the event date.
• We are not able to absorb tournament and food/beverage costs in the sponsorship pricing. If you want to participate in the morning session and/or golf, you will need to register separately.
• All demo and teebox action stations need to be approved. Support for teebox stations will be limited.
• Proceeds go toward student scholarships and turf research!
For more information or to sign-up as a sponsor, contact either: