WCTA Launching New Online Auction Series
Attention Turf Management Industry Suppliers and Service Providers:
For turf industry suppliers and service providers who have been struggling to reach your audience this year, here’s a chance to make a big impact!
With the cancellation of our 2021 conference and trade show, sadly our annual onsite Silent Auction is a bust as well. The good news is we’re launching a new, better-than-ever turf management industry auction experience using the very best online platform ‘CharityAuctionsToday.com’ for a series of live, online auctions timed strategically over the coming off-season.
Over the years, we’ve received many generous auction item donations, have generated significant sums for turf research, provided great exposure for supplier and service provider donors and it was a lot of fun for conference goers.
The new ‘WCTA Hub for Online Auctions’ or ‘WHOA!’ for short, will reach a full order of magnitude more potential bidders than we ever could with a paper auction! Bidders will be able to:
• review the auction and register when ready to bid, easily pay securely by credit card for won items;
• see and share item description/image, donor logos and website links;
• watch the leaderboard and dashboard to keep an eye on interesting items;
• receive real-time outbid email and text notifications;
• watch total funds raised grow with each bid and donation;
• challenge other bidders, recreating that live auction feel!
As a primary fundraiser for the association, the WCTA online auction series will be prominently featured across all our member and non-member communication platforms on multiple occasions over the coming months. Also, we fully expect bidders and contributors to share items across social media, significantly boosting our reach with these events.
CLICK HERE to contribute/showcase an item or items on ‘WHOA!’. Click the ‘DONATE ITEMS’ button on the right side of the main page. You will be able to upload a company logo or image of your item(s). All proceeds will support WCTA member services, programs and turf research.
Also, for $100 you can add your company logo to each auction page as a sponsor. Send us an email with your company logo and we’ll send you an invoice.
• the first auction will start once we reach 50 individual items or October 30, whichever comes first, and will run for approximately 4 weeks
• you can add items after the auction is live
• contributing more than one item works very well – this can be different items or multiples of the same item
• turf industry items and services are high priority but also consider contributing personal items, especially gift cards
• company logoed items are great but available sizing can be a limiting factor
• contributor is responsible for arranging shipping to the bid winner, do not send items to the WCTA
• unsold items will carry over to the next auction
If you have questions or feedback, please email WCTA Executive Director, Jerry Rousseau.
Thanks for supporting the Western Canada Turfgrass Association!